Last week I was learning a bit of python and I stumbled on this video: Build A Modern Python GUI Project | Step by Step Tutorial, which it was really nice and concise, so I decided to take what was there already and improve it a bit on things that I thought would be nice to have, nothing crazy complex just few adjustments.
- Added title, author and length of the video
- Show download speed in MB/sec
- Disabled download button while downloading
- Clear up the input text as soon as we start downloading the video
- Add a button to open the download directory. Default download directory: "C:/Users/Username/Downloads/youtbe-downloader"
- Delete all downloaded videos that are older than 24 hours the next time you open the application (if 24 hours have passed)
- Add custom icon
- Cleanup text alignment
- Create standalone executable with pyinstaller